Saturday, November 7, 2009

Ellen Begs Her Way Onto O Cover


Perseverence has paid off for Ellen DeGeneres, as the quirky talk show host shmoozed, begged and charmed her way onto the cover of Oprah Winfrey's O Magazine, marking just the second time that Miss Winfrey has shared a cover with another woman. The first? Just someone you might have heard of -- First Lady Michelle Obama. Winfrey herself recognizes Ellen's dedication, saying that she's "a woman who can make things happen."

Over the last month, DeGeneres has pulled out all the stops to get herself on the cover of O. She documented on her daytime talk show how she called to Harpo Studios -- which run the Oprah empire -- which didn't go over so well. She was put on hold for 11 minutes and never got connected to the proper person.



Ellen also created mock covers of O magazine with Ellen photoshopped in.

Oprah eventually noticed, and obliged Ellen's desire. The two will share separate December covers of O magazine, which Oprah announced during a live chat on 'Ellen.'

"I was so upset that you were put on hold for 11 minutes, I still haven't gotten over that ... When I first heard about this ... I thought it was such a fantastic idea. I was only sorry that I did not think of it myself, so I'm calling to officially invite you on the cover of O," Oprah said to much applause.
In a statement on her Web site, Winfrey said that "Ellen DeGeneres is a woman who can make things happen. When she decided she wanted to be on the cover of O, she pulled out all the stops (just look at her creative concepts here). It worked -- for only the second time in O history, this December, I'm sharing the cover with a woman I adore."

On Monday, Nov. 9, Oprah will interview Ellen about the whole process, and likely a good deal more.
allvoices

Related Posts

No comments: