Thursday, October 15, 2009

“GUINEA 28th September 2009 MASSACRE”

*Warning - horrific pictures.
Please don't continue if you can't stand gruesome pictures.

I know I'm probably going to spoil your day with this post...it's horrific...and I'm sorry...but this is something we all need to see... as Africans...as a people...you won't believe the kind of terrible, despicable things we do to each other...*

Few day's ago, Linda and I were discussing about death and i did mention how death itself does not worry me, after all, we all will die someday...i mean, it's the natural unavoidable phenomenon we all have to face...yet, seeing this picture's sincerely put a dent on my believe about death, it actually made me to think and i mean think real hard...

Read the story below...















On Monday September 28th 2009, Guinean troops opened fire on opposition protesters at a stadium in the capital Conakry, killing 157 and wounding over 1, 253 people in the crackdown.

About 50,000 people were protesting over rumours that their erratic military ruler, Capt Moussa Dadis Camara who took over in Dec 08 after the death of long-time ruler Lansana Conte, intends to run for president in an election scheduled for next January.

During the protest soldiers moved in to quell the rally using tear gas and baton charges and firing live ammunition into the crowds killing many people.

Women caught in the massacre were raped and brutally murdered by soldiers.

"I'm 57 and they stripped me naked!" said one woman, her face still swollen a week later, as she showed off her bruised arms and buttocks.

"I saw soldiers putting their rifles into womens' private parts while they were hitting me," she added.

Thierno Maadjou Sow, head of the Guinean Human Rights Organisation, said it was setting up an association for women who had been raped so they could take legal action.

"A soldier had a knife, he ripped all my clothes," added the woman, who is an opposition activist. "I told them, 'I'm your mother.' They jabbed me in the buttocks with a knife, they beat me terribly."

Beside her, a woman of 47 showed reporters the bruises and wounds scarring her back.

"A soldier hit me and stripped me, he hit me on the head with his gun. They knocked me to the ground," the mother of two said. "Someone came and put their hand.... they raped me. I got out of there naked."

Sow said the rapes were perpetrated in full view of all and constituted "a crime against humanity."

And now to the pictures...
Please remember you were warned...

























Photo credit: Mawuli Dake

This is totally unacceptable. How can a fellow man, do this to his like?

I remember a post Linda Ikeji did sometime last year on 'ARE WE CRAZY IN AFRICA'...i dare say that some African's ain't just crazy but demental! They truly need to be examined mentally asap!...

Please join us to demand justice- sign the MILEAD Fellows petition: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/guinea-28th-september-2009-massacre

I've signed the petition. PLEASE, go do the same.
allvoices

Related Posts

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is a sad situation. My thoughts and prayers are for the victims and their families.