Thursday, May 19, 2011

Lil Kim & Ke$ha Cole Beef Over Loyalty Vs. Friendship....

Earlier this week, Keyshia Cole took to her twitter to post her reactions to BET completely snubbing her for this year’s BET Awards before she turned her attention to Lil Kim. 
To catch you up to speed, last year when Keyshia Cole released “I Ain’t Thru”, Lil Kim and her fans were upset at Keyshia for allowing Nicki Minaj to diss Lil Kim on the track, especially since Lil Kim and Keyshia had worked together in the past.   In somewhat of a late response, Keyshia Cole posted today:
[And] while we’re addressing everything, Lil Kim and I a r not “friends” I take that term very seriously. We made wonderful music. That is it.
Lil Kim in response tweeted:
You got that right. We are not friends. The same way you take friendship seriously I take loyalty serious. The whole world has seen me extend my hand to you over and over again. Only someone who’s trying to build a sincere relationship does shows for free and supports. You did not pay me a dime for none of that. That warrants some type of loyalty and respect. Friend or no friend, I would have never let anybody disrespect you on my record but I can’t expect everyone to be as real as I am.
At the end of the day karma is as real as I am and it’s coming to get you. oh wait…if it hasn’t got you already… My love and loyalty to you got you a hit, your friendship with your friend got u a flop.
Looks like you need to choose your friends more wisely don’t you think? Loyalty and respect has nothing to do with friendship. Loyalty and respect is about returning a kindness. Have you ever came out and supported me at my shows? I don’t think so.
Keyshia Cole in response tweeted:
Kim that was a great look for [you] coming out of jail just as it was a great look for Missy to have produced it. All I’m saying is don’t have everyone thinking I was disloyal as a “friend” cause we were never that and you know it. No disrespect.

And in response Lil Kim tweeted:
Yes it was a good look for me but it was a great look for you. At the end of the day it was a hit on YOUR album
Sticking to the situation. Again I would have never let anyone disrespect you on my song. That’s loyalty and respect. End of story.
To which Keyshia Responded:
I don’t have beef with anyone. I’m done. I feel the way I feel about friendship and loyalty. I ain’t never been fake. All I’m saying.
Kim’s “I’m gonna erase their social security number” rant she went on towards Keyshia and Nicki earlier in the year made it seem as though she was losing her mind but I’m glad she was able to articulate her issues a little bit better over twitter. It allowed people to understand where she is coming from, however Kim should know more than anyone that loyalty is hard to come by in this business and everyone is not your friend.

allvoices

Related Posts

No comments: