Thursday, May 5, 2011

Alicia Keys COVERSA Essence Magazine


R&B singer Alicia Keys is Essence Magazine cover girl for the upcoming 2011 June issue.
In celebration of the 10th anniversary of her first album “Songs In A Minor” album Alicia, chats about her marriage to music producer Swizz Beatz, motherhood and how finding love changed her life.
Check out a few highlights from the interview below:

On Being In Love:
“Falling in love is such a force, but this is a whole other level of magic…”
On Marriage & Motherhood:
“I was very closed for a long time. But I feel so open now. To feel open like this means you’ve found the center in yourself. You’re not hiding; you’re not worried about anything. Everything’s going to be just fine.”
On dedicating a song to her mom:
“In the past, I’ve written mostly from my own perspective. But I just wrote a song for my next album that was inspired by a conversation I had with a man who was expressing how indebted he feels to God. He said, ‘I owe God.’ Now, what an interesting thought. And as much as I believe in God, for me that translated into how much I owe my mother for who I am. So I went home and I wrote I Owe You. It’s dedicated to her…

allvoices

Related Posts

No comments: