Sunday, April 17, 2011

Nicki Minaj Opens Up About Her Alter Ego Roman, Cyndi & Being Underestimated


Nicki Minaj is featured in the upcoming issue of May 2011 issue of Allure Magazine. The first lady of Young Money opened up about her alter ego Roman, her love for Cyndi Lauper & being underestimated her entire life.
Check out a few excerpts from the interview below:



On Her Alter Ego Roman:
I haven’t unveiled Roman yet. I can’t wait to show everyone what he looks like! I think that my more flamboyant stuff is definitely not Nicki – it’s basically Roman in drag.
On Pop Star Cyndi Lauper:
I love Cyndi Lauper’s style, I remember watching her as a kid & thinking I don’t know who this is, but I want to hang out with her. Her style looked like a piece of art to me.
Nicki stated about Cyndi…..
On how she’s dealing with the pressure that comes with the success of her platinum “Pink Friday” album”
A lot of people don’t treat me like a new artist, even though this is only my first album. It takes a lot out of me. But I would definitely rather people have high expectations than the opposite. Until maybe six months ago, I was underestimated my whole life
allvoices

Related Posts

No comments: