Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Kanye West - "Coachella Is The Most Important Show To Me Since My Mom Passed”


I’ll admit that it’s hard for me to sit/watch through some hip hop shows, especially those that are limited to the artists and 3-4 hype men running around the stage but Kanye West always puts on a production that would make anyone [that understants good music] pay good money to see his show. He could very well be the Michael Jackson (RIP) of hip hop as far as overall production goes…

This past weekend, he played a 90 minute set at the famous Coachella festival in what Reporter pegs as one of the greatest hip hop sets of all time. He opened the show with a stage full of dancers, as he rapped to “Dark Fantasy” suspended on a platform above the crowd. He then ran through “Power”, “Monster”, “Runaway”, “Hell Of A Life” and “Lost In the World” from his new album as well as “Good Life”, “Can’t tell Me Nothing”, “Jesus Walks” “Flashing Lights”, and “Say You Will” from his previous albums. While performing “Say You Will”, he revealed that Coachella was the most important show to him since he lost his mother:



When I made that album, I was in a really dark place in my life so I had to title it “Heartbreak.” Losing everything that was important to me. I always said when working on the last album [that] I couldn’t wait to perform “Power” at Coachella. See, this is the most important show to me since my mom passed and to be able to close the festival and see all of you who still love me, after everything I’ve done on TV and said the opposite, for us to still go platinum, for us to still have number ones, to have fans that were here since “Through the Wire,” you didn’t believe sh*t that they said and I really appreciate y’all tonight because you know I’m only trying to say and do what is right. I only want better for y’all, better us, the best music possible. I’m not the best singer in the world but the notes and the feeling were inside of me, so f**k it, I went ahead and did it. And to have this moment is so unbelievable, there’s many times I thought about not being here and you all make it all worth it.


He then closed out his set with the appropriate, “Hey Mama”. Check out the photos and videos below:




Highlights
Intro – HAM/ Dark Fantasy (the intro was sick!!)
Power
Say You Will
All Of The Lights/ Stronger

“I did everything for that blonde dyke”
Lost In The World
Hey Mama (Outro)
Entire Coachella Performance
allvoices

Related Posts

No comments: