Friday, October 23, 2009

One on One With Lineo ElepepeMaster

Prince Adekoya Adegboyega aka Lineo The Elepepe Master has no doubt grown into a household brand. Youthful and very exciting, Lineo is beyond your avarage artiste; exuding so much intelligence that most of our present day artistes lack in large quantity, Lineo also has skills that transcends just learning the trade into a 'calling'.

Born in Mushin- Lagos into a Royal polygamus family of 40 children from 12 wives, Lineo is the last born of the family and the first to pick music as a career.

 

In an  EXCLUSIVE CHAT with Yours truly, http://www.santiagopad.blogspot.com/, It was a no hold bared with  the The Elepepe Master...



***YOUR GROWING UP...THE CHALLENGES...MEMORIES...My growing up was a bit smooth. I was born in Mushin Lagos into a Royal polygamus family of 40 children 12 wives.. Funny Innit?

Am the last born of the family, the first to pick music as a career tho i was called for this. Spiritually not because other are doing it. Or tryno do this to primarily earn a living with it.... love what am doing cus i was called for it.

So many challenges, First was people not believing in me.....,financial aid...tho from a rich family they didn't see this as a platform to keep the wealth.. so i went into the street and hustle mah ass out. Favor and connections started, building mah own contacts. That i will never forget mah root cuz i know where am coming from...........and i know where i am today.. ofcuz with an instinct of where am going.I still sit back and think, after everything I’ve done, I’m still not being properly acknowledged for it. It’s not about who’s really doing it; it’s about the friends you got, the connections you make, the money you pay. That’s why I keep it all the way real. You have to maintain your head no matter how much money or success you attain. You do that by standing grounded, by surrounding yourself with people you was around before the SUCCESS. One day, I don’t know how or when, the story will be told right.

***WHY MUSIC? It was a call to do this



***YOUR FIRST GIG? WHAT WAS THE EXPERIENCE LIKE? Was in High school days felt like a super star no yet discovered....

***DO YOU AT SOME POINT FEEL INTIMIDATED (PERFORMING ALONGSIDE THE BIG NAMES)?I dont cuz am me... i just do mah thing... you know sometimes when you are in the midst of crowd... you look at the way others compose themselves by so doing you are gonna get intimidated... For me the crowd watch me do mah thing....Its abt building self confidence

***YOU RECENTLY DID A COLLABO WITH AFRICA'S BIGGEST ARTSITE, TUFACE...WHAT WAS IT LIKE? As you can see, we are more or less like brothers.... they say when two good heads coem together what they get is success.

I'll say its success for us both cuz 2face is successful by counting how many artiste he made successful not by how much wealth he has. sO 2BABA IS A SUCCESSFUL MAN......You feel me?

***CONSIDERING HOW FAST YOU'VE RISEN TO THE TOP IN THE INDUSTRY, WHAT WOULD YOU SAY CONTRIBUTED TO YOUR SUCCESS CONSIDERING THE MANY BIG NAMES AND VETERANS FROM THE INDUSTRY WHO ARE STILL STRUGGLING TO GET THE FOOTINGS RIGHT? Like i said when u remember where u r coming from and you set far as where u are going.. be focus you'll get there. God first sha....


***WHATS YOUR UNIQUE SELLING POINT? Internet!!! the youth!! the street!!!

***WHAT WERE SOME OF THE CHALLENGES YOU ENCOUNTERED ON YOUR JOURNEY TO BEING WHERE YOU ARE TODAY? time and money

***WHAT INSPIRES YOUR MUSIC? The spirit that lives inside of me and the fans

***YOU'VE PERMORMED ON MAJOR STAGES BOTH HOME AND ABROAD, CAN YOU TELL US SOME OF THESE SHOWS? Apollo theartre in New York is still my biggest achievement....First Nigeria Hip Hop Artist To Perform at New York Apollo Theater, ICON AWARDS Winner : Nigeria most promising artist 2008

***NO DOUBT, YOU STAND TALL, CHARMING AND VERY SEXY...IS THERE ANY LUCKY PERSON IN YOUR LIFE? no one but am looking for that special one....lol..am married to the Game music... if she can cope.



***YOUR MUSIC IS GATHERING MOMENTUM BY THE DAY...WHATS THE FUTURE FOR LINEO? A Legend that will live forever, and as big as MJ is cuz his not dead. I’m still not as famous as I want to be," he warns. "I can sit in first class on a plane from ATL TO NYC and a dude next to me in a business suit will wonder who I am. And not just for the music am making. I want everybody to know me. So when I’m dead and gone, people can watch my whole life on the internet throght MyLineo T.v and local tvs. I’m thinking about movies, companies, having a building that big and pointed skyscraper with my name on it(Empire State Building of Lineo). That’s why I’m talking about going back to college; I’m smart but I need more knowledge to get there. It’s not impossible."Such proclamations aren’t hype, even hyperbole, but sheer honesty.

***IS THERE ANYTHING YOU WANT THE WORLD TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? My people should know abt this

LINEO ELEPEPE MASTER
First Nigeria Hip Hop Artist To Perform at New York Apollo Theater
ICON AWARDS Winner : Nigeria most promising artist 2008
Birthday : Jan 24
Real names : Prince Adekoya Adegboyega
Hit singles : Feel It (Efi Yen Le)Feat 2face idibia

Download at:
www.sendspace.com/file/qyrgad

Myspace.com/mylineo
http://www.mylineo.com/
www.bebo.com/LineoElepepeMaster
www.twitter.com/MyLineo
coredjsafrica.ning.com/LineoElepepeMaster
www.youtube.com/user/LineoTv
www.datpiff.com/lineo
www.soundclick.com/lineo
www.imeem.com/mylineo
Facebook :Lineo ElepepeMaster
Skype : Talk2lineo

Lineoonline@yahoo.com
Influences: The Fans! I love 'em

Sounds Like Lineo
Hometown: Lagos
Country: Nigeria
Occupation: C.E.O/ Musician/ Actor/ Mode/Business man

Companies: Game Time Records/ MyLineo Tv /Cone Wears coming soon!

Hobbies: Money, Music,Movies, Girls, traveling & Adventures, Internet.


Lineo is clearly an artist with many levels.No doubt, one that will for a long time remain in our faces and minds as well as hearts.






allvoices

Related Posts

1 comment:

Unknown said...

keep the good work up and i pray God help you